Frequently Asked Questions

How Do I Obtain a Copy of a Police Report?

You can request a police report online.

How Do I File a Police Report?

If you have a non-emergency issue and would like to file a Police Report, please call 303-773-2525.  If the matter is an emergency, please call 9-1-1.

How Do I Sign Up for Reverse 911?

The citizen alert system already has your landline telephone numbers so you do not need to worry about providing that information. If you are interested in being notified of emergencies through other communication devices, sign up for ArapAlert here.

How Do I Report a Coyote Sighting or an Aggressive Coyote?

If you happen to see a coyote wandering in Greenwood Village, please call the Police Department at 303-773-2525. The Police Department is actively keeping record of coyote activity in the Village, which will assist in managing the coyote population. If you encounter an aggressive coyote, dial 911.

How Do I Get a Vehicle Identification Number (Vin) Verification?

The Greenwood Village Police Department is available to perform standard VIN Verifications (at no cost) for RESIDENTS only. Please note the Greenwood Village Police Department only performs VIN Verifications not Certified VIN Inspections.  Please call Colorado State Patrol at 303-239-4545 for more information regarding Certified VIN Inspections.

The vehicle must be available for inspection at the time of the VIN Inspection and you must be able to provide proof of ownership, title or registration. Call the Police Department at 303-773-2525 to make an appointment. 

View a list of locations outside of Greenwood Village that provide VIN Verifications.

How Do I Pay My Court Summons?

If the Police Department cites you for an offense, they will issue a ticket to you. You have the option of not contesting the citation by coming into the Municipal Court for arraignment or by accepting a plea bargain if one is offered for the violation. You may pay the violation online, or by signing the waiver on the bottom portion of your ticket and sending a check to the Court.

If you would like to contest your violation you have the right to do so by appearing at your arraignment in Municipal Court. The arraignment date is specified on your summons and complaint violation form. Your right to have your day in court is protected by the U.S. Constitution.

If you are issued a summons and complaint citation the arraignment date is assigned by the police officer. On that arraignment date, you will appear before the Judge and plead your case. To find out what happens on your day in court please see the information found on the What to Expect page.

How Do I Apply for a Street Use/Closure Permit?

If you are having an event exclusive to your neighborhood such as a parade or a block party and you will be utilizing the public street, but not blocking the street, you will need to complete a Street/Trail Use Permit.  Once your permit has been received, a member of the police department will contact you. Please feel free to call 303-773-2525 should you have questions or would like additional information.

Where Can I Go to Get My Fingerprints Taken

Effective September 24, 2018, all Colorado Law Enforcement agencies, including the Greenwood Village Police Department will no longer provide fingerprint services for employment purposes.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has mandated that all fingerprints are electronically completed by a CBI-approved vendor.

Court-ordered fingerprints ordered by a judge, either through the Arapahoe County Court or the Greenwood Village Municipal Court, pursuant to C.R.S §16-21-104 will be completed for arrests made by the Greenwood Village Police Department only.  For more information visit Colorado Bureau of Investigation Fingerprinting or Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office Fingerprinting