Community Room Reservations
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Community Room will be unavailable to outside groups for the remainder of the year, we are sorry for the inconvenience.
Community Room Rentals
Located at City Hall is a Community Room that may be reserved to provide a public meeting space for Greenwood Village residents and groups to engage in activities and programs, which are open to the public and of general public interest to the residents and their invitees.
The City of Greenwood Village sponsored programs, activities, and meetings have priority use of the Community Room. Greenwood Village reserves the right to cancel a scheduled event or meeting with 24-hour notices and will refund any payments previously made by the applicant. Reservations must be made at least 48 hours prior to the requested date to ensure set-up and staffing. Any rental fees are due at the time of the reservation.
The individual whose signature appears at the bottom of the Application for Use form (“renter”) is responsible for monitoring the conduct of all guests and will ensure that all Federal, State, Greenwood Village, and Community Room policies are followed. The applicant must be present the entire time of the rental or appoint a substitute, if needed, to act as the responsible individual.
- The legal maximum occupancy of the Community Room is 60 people and may not be exceeded.
- Renters must ensure that the event or meeting is adjourned and the room vacated at the specified end time listed on the application. Repeated end-time violations may result in additional fees if applicable or denial of further Community Room use.
- All audio visual equipment must be provided by the renter. A screen and white boards are available in the Community Room to renters for their use.
- All eating and drinking is restricted to the Community Room. The use of red and purple beverages is prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in City Hall.
- Smoking is prohibited in City Hall.
- The burning of candles is prohibited.
- The main City Hall entrance doors will not be propped open for rental times after hours or on weekends.
- Persons using the Community Room have access to public restrooms in the lobby; however, renters must confine themselves to the Community Room as much as possible.
- After 5:00 p.m. and weekends entry/closure will be gained by obtaining/returning a key through the Police Department. A valid driver’s license will be required as deposit.
- Admission or fees to any event or meeting held in the Community Room may not be charged except in the case of course tuition charged by a non-profit organization.
- Greenwood Village, its officers, and employees will not be held liable for any injuries, claims or damages arising from the use permitted occurring during rental hours.
- By Greenwood Village granting permission for use, the Village does not constitute endorsement of any organization or group or the beliefs of any organization or group.
- Advanced scheduling of the Community Room is allowed for up to six months. A 48-hour Notice of Cancellation is requested.
- The Greenwood Village Building Services staff will set up all tables and chairs for renters.
- The renter must select a room setup from the approved standard setup arrangements. The standard setups comply with the fire code in providing emergency access and reduce set up/labor time for the Building Services staff. Renters will not alter the setup arrangements.
- All preparation time (set up) must happen on the rental date, as the Community Room may not be available prior to the rental time. Decorations may not be taped or pinned to any walls.
- A coffee pot is provided by Greenwood Village; however, it is the responsibility of the renter to furnish supplies.
- Applicants must include clean up time into their hours of room rental.
- Any displays, easels, audio video equipment, rental tables, serving trays, etc., brought in for an event or meeting, must be removed immediately following the event or meeting.
- Decorations or table coverings must be removed and discarded. Spills on tables and chairs must be cleaned up. All trash must be placed in trash receptacles.
- Tables and chairs must be left in the same condition as they were prior to the event.
- All events must exit the Community Room at the scheduled time. This will allow staff reasonable time to reset the space for the next user group.
All Community Room rules will be strictly enforced. City of Greenwood Village may immediately terminate a rental with no refund of rental fees if any of the Community Room polices are violated.