During the last several weeks, Greenwood Village and neighboring communities have seen an increase in criminal activity related to vehicle trespass in the City. This type of criminal activity has been reported through Arapahoe and Douglas Counties. GVPD is asking residents to be vigilant in protecting your vehicle and home by following the tips below:
- Always lock your car at home or when out in the community, even if you are just running a quick errand.
- Remove valuables and keys from your vehicle.
- Bring your garage door opener inside with you whenever you leave your vehicle. Suspects in neighboring communities have been using garage door openers to enter garages and residences.
- Secure garage and home entry doors.
- Do not have personal information documents easily accessible in your vehicle.
GVPD is working with other impacted communities to identify all suspects involved. To report an emergency or life-threatening situation, please call 911. To report suspicious activity, a crime that has already occurred or file a police report, call GVPD at 303-773-2525.
Get Village news straight to your inbox. Sign up online at GreenwoodVillage.com/NotifyMe. For information from Greenwood Village, follow us on Facebook (facebook.com/GreenwoodGov), Twitter (@GreenwoodGov) and Instagram (@CityOfGreenwoodVillage).