FAQs - Public Works

How do I find out who to contact for utility service and information?

Several different districts provide water and sanitation service within the Village. Please refer to our Special District booklet with maps to find your districts or call Public Works at 303-708-6100. For electric and gas service and to report problems and outages, please contact Xcel Energy at 800-895-1999. For telephone service, please contact your service provider.

What do I do with hazardous waste?

The City of Greenwood Village has contracted with At Your Door Special Collection, a Waste Management Company to pick up household hazardous and electronic waste. Please call 800-449-7587 for information or to schedule a pick-up time.

What can I do with my yard waste?

If you as a resident have trimmed your trees and bushes, make sure they are cut into 10-foot sections or less and call for a Large Item Pick-up, phone number 303-708-6100, before placing them at the curb. Dirt, rock, sod, pavers, concrete, mulch and contractor (landscaper or gardener) generated waste are not acceptable for our pick-up service. You may find private haulers online or advertised in "The Villager."

What is my recycling and trash schedule and as a new resident how do I start receiving service?

Trash and recycling service is provided to eligible residential households in the Village through a contract with Waste Connections. Recycling is done on the same day as your trash with an every-other-week schedule.  Read more about the Greenwood Village Residential Trash program or call the Greenwood Village Public Works Department at 303-708-6100.

How do I obtain a Right-of-Way permit?

Work in the Village right-of-way requires a permit to manage activities and maintain an easily traveled Village. A permit form must be completed and returned to the Public Works Facility located at:

10001 E.Costilla Ave.
Greenwood Village,CO 80112
Ph: 303-708-6100

Information on the process, requirements and standards, and a permit form can be found at Right of Way Management.

How do I report street (pothole) need?

Contact Public Works at 303-708-6100 or via email. Please have as much detail as possible regarding the location.

How do I request information on snow and ice issues?

Contact Public Works at 303-708-6100 or via email during normal business hours, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. In case of an emergency call 911 for the City of Greenwood Village Police Department. Please have as much detail as possible regarding the location. Please see more information about our roadway priorities and our snow plowing map.