Fiber Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the schedule for Greenwood Village’s Ting fiber project?
The project, which will establish a citywide fiber internet network, will be built in three phases over the next four years:
- Phase 1 includes residential areas east of Yosemite Street, which will see construction begin Fall 2023. All addresses within this zone are scheduled to have service available by Summer 2025.
- Phase 2 includes residential areas west of Quebec Street, with construction anticipated to begin in Spring 2025. All addresses within this zone are scheduled to have service available by Summer 2026.
- Phase 3 includes the remaining central portion of the City, with construction anticipated to begin in Spring 2026. All addresses within this zone are scheduled to have service available by Summer 2027.
- What communications can I expect from Ting?
Ting will send out multiple notices to residents in advance of construction beginning in their neighborhoods:
- 4-6 weeks out: Residents will receive a mailer notifying them that construction has been scheduled for their area, with information about what they can expect during the construction process.
- 2-3 days out: Residents will receive a door hanger with additional information about what construction will look like.
- What will construction look like in my neighborhood?
Ting construction typically lasts a couple of days in front of your home in the right-of-way, and they do everything they can to minimize impact. Ting outlines this process from start to finish on their Construction Process page.
Here are some other examples of what you may see during construction:
This is the boring machine Ting typically uses to bore the holes required for fiber installation.
If Ting needs to leave conduit above ground, they will stake around the hole and wrap fencing around the stakes. This may range from overnight to several days depending on weather conditions. Ting will make every effort to minimize the amount of time these are above ground.
Construction crews may need to manually dig a hole in order to install a handhole box or to visibly locate existing utilities. Crews will contain the dirt, restore the area, and haul away any debris.
Some residents may have these boxes installed which will allow fiber to be extended into houses if residents sign up for service.
- Where can I learn more about the service options?
Through the City of Greenwood Village’s partnership with Ting, Ting will offer Greenwood Village residents a service price of $89 per month for five years following the completion of each phase of construction and indefinitely waive standard installation fees for all residents. This package offers 2000 Mbps download and upload speeds, unlimited data, and the ability to connect 75+ devices. Learn more and sign up.
- Will Ting need to come in my house to install?
During the initial build-out of the network, construction will be taking place within the public right-of-way. If you decide to sign up for the service, Ting will need to extend the fiber into your house and will work with you on where you would like the fiber box to be located.
- Why is Greenwood Village moving forward with this project now?
The City of Greenwood Village has been working to improve access to high-speed internet services for residents over the past several years. The City Council Infrastructure Committee completed a feasibility study in 2022 to understand how best to bring fiber internet service to the community. The City issued a request for proposal in March 2023 to solicit responses from fiber internet providers. The sole respondent to the proposal was Ting, and Ting was selected to move forward with construction to make fiber internet services available to all households and businesses in Greenwood Village over the next four years. To ensure service availability to all residents, the City will provide a maximum financial contribution of $5 million to Ting based on meeting identified construction milestones.
- What is the City’s role in the project?
During construction, Greenwood Village’s Public Works Department is onsite with Ting crews inspecting the installation and making sure everything is restored per City standards, which applies to all utility work occurring citywide.
- Who do I contact if there is an issue with construction or restoration?
Call Ting’s Construction Experience team at 1-855-801-5856 or fill out the contact form. The appropriate topic, “Internet Construction Complaint,” is automatically populated in this form through this link.