Second Round of Small Business Grants Opens 8:00 a.m. on September 21
The GV CARES: Small Business Grant is intended to help small businesses in Greenwood Village who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic with reopening and adapting to public health order guidelines. In partnership with Arapahoe County, the Greenwood Villages City Council has directed funding to be used to support our small business community.
We encourage businesses to review the eligibility criteria below and the documentation needed prior to beginning the application process.
For information from the IRS regarding tax implications in receiving grants,
The GV CARES Grant Program is back for Round 2 to assist businesses with the ongoing pandemic along with assistance for home-based businesses as well.
1. Business Interruption - Business Interruption Grants will be provided to eligible non-home-based businesses for business operation expenses including, but not limited to, lease, payroll, inventory, and supplies necessary to operate the business; including personal protective equipment.
Grant Award: Business Interruption Grants will be awarded to the business by their existing and anticipated revenue losses (up to a maximum of $20,000) minus any grants received in Round 1 of GV CARES or Arapahoe County.
2. Home-Based Business Interruption - Interruption Grants will be provided for eligible home-based businesses only to assist with operational expenses; including personal protective equipment.
Grant Award: Home-Based Business Interruption Grants will be awarded to the home-based business by their existing and anticipated revenue losses up to $2,500. Grant amount cannot exceed anticipated losses or $2,500, whichever is less.
Applications will be reviewed on a first-received first-considered basis. Applications will close on November 1, 2020 or until funds are exhausted, whichever comes first. Business Adaptation Grants are not taken into account of maximum Business Interruption Grants. If you have questions or need more information, please email us.
Business must be in good standing (compliance) with the City. The City will allow business to rectify any non-compliant tax issues. If you have questions on your status, please email Taxpayer Services.
Who is Eligible for GV CARES Second Round Small Business Grant Program
- A for-profit business with a physical address (mailboxes not applicable) within the City of Greenwood Village which is currently licensed with the City of Greenwood Village and in good standing with the City (e.g., no liens, judgments, code violations, etc.)
- A privately held, non-publicly traded business
- Business licensed or in operation prior to March 17, 2020
- A business with primary in-person customer interactions with 1 to 100 Full Time Employees (FTE) positions pre-pandemic (owners who remit occupational privilege tax (OPT) are considered an employee of the business)
- Business has been forced to temporarily close or forced to limit operations due to the Public Health Orders related to the COVID-19 public health crisis
- Able to certify economic injury in revenue losses during the COVID-19 pandemic and a need for a grant to help mitigate the economic injury
Who isEligible for Assistance
Prohibited Uses of Funds
Process to Prepare for Application Submittal
- All applications will be accepted through the City of Greenwood Village website
- Applications will be reviewed on a first-received first-considered basis
- Applicants will receive an email notification once they have successfully completed the application
- Applicants will be notified via email when granting is awarded
Information Required to Complete the Application Process
- City of Greenwood Village occupational privilege tax license number
- Federal Employer ID Number (FEIN)
- Completed W-9 Form
- Certify economic injury due to COVID-19 pandemic (please keep record of your certified losses for up to 5 years for audit purposes)
- Number of full-time equivalent employees prior to COVID-19 pandemic
- Applicants will be required to review and accept Terms and Conditions of the GV CARES Small Business Grant Program to complete the application