APPLICATIONS NOW BEING ACCEPTED
THROUGH JULY 10 @ 5:00 P.M.
The GV CARES: Small Business Grants are intended to help small businesses in Greenwood Village who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic with reopening and adapting to public health order guidelines. In partnership with Arapahoe County, the Greenwood Villages City Council has directed funding to be used to support our small business community.
We encourage businesses to review the eligibility criteria below and documentation needed prior to beginning the application process.
Applications will be reviewed at the conclusion of the posted application window and not accepted after the closure date. If eligible applications exceed total program fund allotment, a lottery will be conducted for final awarding. Business Interruption applications will be prioritized (fulfilled first), followed then by Business Adaptation applications. A maximum of $30,000 can be awarded per eligible business between the two separate grants. If you have questions or need more information, please email us.
Business must be in good standing (compliance) with the City as of February 29, 2020. The City will allow business to rectify any non-compliant tax issues. If you have questions on your status, please email Taxpayer Services.
Business Adaptation Grants will be provided to eligible businesses for expenses incurred or planned to facilitate compliance with public health orders. Expenditures may include, but are not limited to, building and property modifications, touchless payment systems, online ordering platforms, germ particitions and patio infrastructure.
Business must use funds to purchase items needed to adapt their business to new processes or items needed to operate in a different manner due to the COVID-19 crisis. This grant will reimburse items purchased back to March 1, 2020 to safely adapt and/or change their business to operate within the COVID-19 pandemic. The program will also allow businesses to plan future expenses and be reimbursed at the time of the expense through November 1, 2020.
Who is Eligible for GV CARES Small Business Grant Program
- A non-home based business with a physical address within the City of Greenwood Village which is currently licensed with the City of Greenwood Village and in good standing with the City as of February 29, 2020 (e.g., no liens, judgments, code violations, etc.)
- A for-profit business
- A privately held, non-publicly traded business
- Business in operation since July 1, 2019
- A business with primary in-person customer interactions with 1 to 100 Full Time Employees (FTE) positions pre-pandemic (owners who remit occupational privilege tax (OPT) are considered an employee of the business)
- Business has been forced to temporarily close or forced to limit operations due to the Public Health Orders related to the COVID-19 public health crisis
- Able to certify economic injury of 25% or more in revenue losses during the COVID-19 pandemic and a need for a grant to help mitigate the economic injury