Building Permits & Inspections
Maintaining high-quality business relationships with designers, builders, owners, and tenants while meeting Village building construction safety expectations is an important aspect of the Building Permits and Inspections Program.
Online Building Permit Submittal
Step 1: Complete our Building Permit Application (New)
Step 2: Attach all supporting documents - refer to the below links to view permit review requirements for your project's scope of work.
Permit Review Requirements - Commercial Projects
Permit Review Requirements - Residential Projects
Permit Review Requirements - Electrical Projects
Permit Review Requirements - Planning/Other Projects
Permit Review Requirements - Over the Counter
Important notes regarding supporting documents:
- Plans must be bound into one, singular file
- All files must be in PDF format and unlocked
- File sharing services such as Google Drive are acceptable
- Permit fees will be invoiced once the permit is approved and ready to be issued
Permit Application Review Timelines
- Standard Plan Review: 10 Business Days
- Over the Counter: 24 Business Hours
- Extended Reviews:
- Residential Single Family Homes and Additions - 15 Business Days
- Elevator New Installations and Modifications - 30 Business Days
- Commercial Core & Shell - TBD (Depends on complexity)
- Mid/High-Rise Buildings - TBD (Depends on complexity)
Online Building Permit Status
Greenwood Village Online Services provides access to search for building permits and licenses both current and/or the history of a specific building permit or address.
If you require records for a specific building permit, please complete and submit the Records Request Form.
Please click "Inspections" from the menu on the left side of the screen for information and instructions for making an Inspection Request. Virtual inspections are available in certain situations - see COVID-19 update document.
Ask the Building Department
If you cannot find an answer to a specific question, submit your question through the Ask the Buildin web form. Someone from the Community Development department will then research your question and get an answer back to you within one business day.