Building Permits & Inspections
Maintaining high-quality business relationships with designers, builders, owners, and tenants while meeting Village building construction safety expectations is an important aspect of the Building Permits and Inspections Program.
Online Building Permit Submittal
Refer to the below links to view permit review requirements for your project's scope of work.
Complete our Building Permit Request Form
An application number and invitation link will be emailed to you. This link will lead you to our plan review platform where you may upload plans, reference material, and additional supporting documentation.
Step 4: Once your plan review is complete, you will receive an email requesting additional information, or an invoice for the services completed.
Important notes regarding documents:
- Plans must not be bound into one, singular file
- Reference Material may remain bound, but must be uploaded separately into the "Documents" Folder.
- All files must be in PDF format
- Permit fees will be invoiced once the permit is approved and ready to be issued
Permit Application Review Timelines
- Standard Plan Review: 10 Business Days
- No Review Projects: 1-2 Business Days
- Extended Reviews:
- Residential Single Family Homes and Additions: 15 Business Days
- Elevator New Installations and Alterations: 10-20 Business Days
- Commercial Core & Shell: Dependent on Project Complexity
- Mid/High-Rise Buildings: Dependent on Project Complexity
Online Building Permit Status
Greenwood Village Online Services provides access to search for building permits and licenses both current and/or the history of a specific building permit or address.
If you require records for a specific building permit, please complete and submit the Records Request Form.
Please click "Inspections" from the menu on the left side of the screen for information and instructions for making an Inspection Request.
Ask the Building Department
If you cannot find an answer to a specific question, submit your question through the Ask the Buildin web form. Someone from the Community Development department will then research your question and get an answer back to you within one business day.