Download a Recreation Reimbursement Form. Forms are also available in the Parks, Trails and Recreation Department at City Hall and are periodically included in your Greenwood Village Newsletter. Should you have any questions, please call 303-486-5773.
Wednesday, January 15, 2020, the final day to submit your 2019 receipts. There are NO exceptions to this deadline. If sending your reimbursement in by mail, it must be postmarked by the 15th.
Receipts may be submitted throughout the year but must be submitted for the year the purchase was made, not the year in which the activity takes place.
Recreation Reimbursement at a Glance
Greenwood Village offers a Recreation Reimbursement to Village residents of up to $500 per household (primary residence only) annually.
Agencies must be within the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) region, defined as: the northern boundary of Longmont; the southern boundary of Larkspur; the western boundary of Silver Plume; and the eastern boundary of Deer Trail. View a list of participating governments:
- Municipal and special district recreation facility programs: These include parks and recreation districts such as South Suburban Parks and Recreation District and Metropolitan Districts such as the Greenwood Athletic Club Metropolitan District and Sundance Hills Metropolitan District.
- Municipal and parks and recreation district golf courses within the DRCOG region qualify for reimbursement.
- Nonprofit youth sport agencies within the DRCOG area to also include the Jewish Community Center and YMCA youth sports programs.
Need to Know
- Reimbursement checks: will only be mailed to the residential address listed on the form; checks cannot be picked up at City Hall or mailed to a P.O. Box.
- Itemized receipts: All receipts must be itemized and clearly show the name of the agency, the date, and the activity. For example, 18 holes of golf or spring soccer.
- Maximum per receipt: Receipts are reimbursed at 50% of the cost of the activity up to $50 per receipt. If more than one participant or activity is listed on the receipt, each shall receive 50% up to $50.
- Memberships: Annual memberships at qualifying recreation centers, when paid in whole for an entire year, are reimbursed at 50% up to a maximum of $500 per household.
- Activity only: Only the actual activity is reimbursable; no golf carts, coaches fees, IDs, initiation fees, etc. shall be reimbursed.
- When to submit: Receipts are submitted in the year the fee was paid, not the year the activity takes place. For example, spring 2019 lacrosse paid for in fall 2018 must be submitted in 2018.
Pursuant to Resolution 30-2016: It is the obligation and responsibility of the City staff to ensure against abuse of the Recreation Reimbursement program for the purpose of extraordinary benefit to any individual.
Support Art through Your Recreation Reimbursement Refund!
On November 4, 2013 at the City Council Study Session, City Council reached general consensus to place a donation box on the recreation reimbursement form. Residents now have the option to donate all or a portion of their recreation reimbursement refund to the Greenwood Village Arts and Humanities Council (GVAHC) for the purpose of acquiring and placing art in public parks, trails, open spaces and facilities owned by the Village.
The GVAHC has been instrumental in bringing public art to the Village; recent pieces include the re-installation of the “The Dolphins” and the installation of the “The Nest.” Both sculptures are on loan from the Museum of Outdoor Art and located in Westlands Park.
In addition to bringing public art to the Village, the GVAHC sponsors public programs, art workshops, annual fundraisers, and is responsible for awarding art scholarships to Arapahoe County Seniors majoring in one of the art disciplines at an arts college.
Residents interested in learning more about the GVAHC are encouraged to attend their monthly meetings held at the Curtis Center for the Arts, 2349 East Orchard Road, Greenwood Village, on the third Thursday of the month at 6:00 p.m.
Still have questions? Staff is happy to assist. Please email your questions to Julie Liggett or call 303-486-5750.